Data Protection Specialist
The Data Protection Specialist will have a proven track record in a data protection/data governance role, ideally within a commercial context. A professional or educational qualification in a compliance or data protection related field is desirable.
The Data Protection Specialist needs to have excellent communication, presentation & reporting skills, as well as strong stakeholder engagement & influencing skills, as they will be interfacing with people across all departments.
• Provide expert advice and support to employees in relation to all data protection related queries and incidents.
• Ensure staff are trained in data protection and GDPR.
• A designated point of contact for colleagues on data protection queries.
• Identify and assess data protection risks by developing gap analysis and action plans to address gaps identified.
• Support the preparation of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIAs) for new and existing processes.
• Review and maintain all company organisational data protection policies.
• Ensure regular auditing of data protection across the organisation.
• Monitor developments in data protection and understand how these developments impact our company.
• Manage data subject access and deletion requests.
• Ensure data breaches are logged, managed, and notified accordingly.
• Liaise with external DPO and legal consultants.
• Have a minimum of 3 years relevant data protection experience.
• Expert knowledge of global and European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
• Experience in healthcare or healthcare delivery services desirable.
• Experience in identifying and mitigating data protection and privacy risks.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to build trust and confidence.
• Must have good people skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels.
• Strong stakeholder engagement & influencing skills.
• Ability to lead, support and guide with energy, momentum, and positivity.